EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!
Guess what? The long awaited SMORGASBURG LA has finally opened! I’ve been seeing people post about it on Facebook for months and its finally here! It has been opened since June 19th, but I finally made my way to attend last Sunday. Do you know what “Smorgasburg la” is? Have you heard about it yet? Have you seen all the pictures on Instagram’s geo tag for it? Well let me tell you .. it’s definitely a new way to enjoy #sundayfunday!
- A little history: Smorgasburg LA came from the idea of a very popular weekly food and shopping market in Williamsburg Brooklyn.
- Smorgasburg LA is opened every Sunday from 10am-6pm on the same lot as the weekday Alameda Produce Market in Downtown LA.
- The 5 acre lot is filled with dozens of different food vendors, tons of cool vintage apparel, wellness products, and creative art pieces.
- Cultural events, pop-ups, and other surprise experiences will also be part of the market mix.
- A new parking garage for more than 4,000 cars was just completed at the Alameda Produce Market (enter at Alameda & Bay) and parking is FREE for the first 2 hours.
- Tips to give you the best experience: Come with a group so you can try a little of everything without getting so full. The earlier you arrive the better because the lines won’t be as long and it won’t be as HOT! Bring your own water to stay hydrated & to save money on buying there, since they don’t check your bags. There is limited picnic benches for seating so I suggest once you arrive, find a seat and keep it while everyone takes turns standing in line for food.
- Must try AMAZE BOWLS acai bowls // LOBSTERDAMUS grilled lobster // MAMA MUSUBI beef musubi // POPDUP // PALOMAS PALETAS // MANGO STICKY RICE
- They also serve alcohol in a BEER GARDEN for 21+ so don’t forget your ID.
- This is a cool place to find unique gifts for your loved ones or yourself. Check out RX CANDLES! They are handmade soy candles that smell good and could possibly make you feel better(always a plus)!
- Perfect place to bring your kids and enjoy a nice family day out in LA. Unfortunately it is not a dog friendly event so keep your paw friends at home.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST .. definitely add this to your TO-DO list this weekend! It doesn’t hurt to check it out especially because it’s F-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E to enter!!!
I came! I stuffed my face! I walked out with a happy tummy! And so will you …
Smorgasburg LA / In between Alameda St. and Bay St. Downtown Los Angeles / Open every Sunday from 10am-6pm